Monday, August 30, 2010

181. A SURPRISE GESTURE AND AN EXQUISITE GIFT...

I dropped by a couple of Friday ago at my auntie’s place in Bangsar KL. Just to deliver her Omega watch which I helped to restore and to bid farewell to her and the family before they head home to Shanghai.

We had a chat while waiting for my uncle to come back. He was somewhere in town clearing a few last minutes matters.

These days my conversations with Mak Teh are mostly centred on watches and watches. She has a passion for watches too but her love for genuine antiquities surpassed everything else.

 In pursuit of her antiquities passion, she has travelled to many nooks and corners in Malaysia and the world.

We were still at the conversation when she said she had something to hand over to me. Something she bought from her recent trip to Dubai. Actually, I consider her as a globe trotter. In the course of discharging her international duties, she is constantly on the move around the world.

While she was away fetching ‘that something’, I was wondering what it could be except perhaps a wrist watch to add to my collections.

She brought back a small box and handed to me and asked me to open. Without hesitation, gleefully I opened the box. 

Wow, what a nice one. Out came a glittering skeletal gold plated pocket watch. I had never own a pocket watch before though my pa possessed a few priceless collectibles.

Never mind the brand... the gesture that counts. After all, it was my birthday week. So, I consider this gift as a fitting birthday present.

Thanks Mak Teh for such a gorgeous gift.

I’ll cherish the moment and this special gift for the life time.

SELAMAT HARI RAYA TO YOU, PAK TEH, AIMAN, SARAH, ARIFF AND ADAM.

WE WILL MISS YOU AND THE FAMILY AGAIN THIS HARI RAYA...MAAF ZAHIR BATIN and take care.

By: muzill.mansor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share this post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...